British Canoeing have informed us that under Lockdown 2 all club activities must cease. This means that paddlers who are not personal “on the water” members of British Canoeing will not be covered by the club waterways licence (for the Thames) or insurance should they go paddling.
If you want to become an “on the water” member of British Canoeing, you can do so here https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/membership/on-the-water-membership , otherwise you must not paddle using club equipment during the current Coronavirus National Restrictions in place until 2nd December.
We must all avoid gatherings of any kind – so the following restrictions remain in place at the boat-house:
- To maintain social distancing, only members of one household/bubble are permitted in the building at any time.
- Please arrive to the building dressed in your paddling clothing – absolutely NO changing inside.
- If on arrival you find the building unlocked, you may not enter. Wait at a distance of at least 3 metres from the door for the occupant/s to get their equipment out, (or put their equipment away), lock up and leave.
- If the building is locked, you can safely assume there is no-one inside and proceed to get your boat out/put it away. Please minimise the time you spend inside the boat-house so that others may access it after you in a timely manner.
- It is your responsibility to keep yourself safe, so use hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly before and after touching surfaces people from outside your household/bubble may have touched.
For clarification, to avoid cross-contamination no club equipment is to be used at this time (boats, paddles buoyancy aids etc.) except the numbered equipment which has been allocated to you and only the boat-house will be accessible.