Following the government announcement on Sunday, advice around paddling changed. British Canoeing have issued the following https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/news/2020/a-return-to-paddling-in-england.
Our usual Club activities will not recommence until government and BC guidance changes.
Members who have their own boat stored at the Club may use it with the following restrictions:-
- To maintain social distancing, only members of one household are permitted in the building at any time.
- Please arrive to the building dressed in your paddling clothing – no changing inside.
- If on arrival you find the building unlocked, you may not enter. Wait for the occupant to get their equipment out, (or put their equipment away), lock up and leave.
- If the building is locked, you can safely assume there is no-one inside and proceed to get your boat out/put it away. Please minimise the time you spend inside the building so that others may access it after you in a timely manner.
- It is your responsibility to keep yourself safe, so use hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly after touching surfaces people from outside your household may have touched.
For clarification, to avoid cross-contamination no club equipment is to be used at this time (boats, paddles buoyancy aids, gym equipment etc.) and only the boat-house will be accessible. The combination to the rest of the club (changing rooms, toilets, club-room, gym) has been changed, so please do not try to enter.